Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hotel strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Laundry services only upon guest request
- Monthly analysis of the hotel’s water consumption
- Guest rooms equipped with a centralised energy control system
- Implementation of energy-saving bulbs
- Monthly analysis of the hotel’s energy consumption
- Outdoor lighting managed by an astronomical clock system
- Paper printed on both sides when possible
- Recycling of glass, plastics, batteries and ink cartridges
- Employee training on Responsible Business issues
- Green cleaning products (certified ISO 14001)
- Use of local products, organic agriculture and fair trade products whenever possible
- Suggestions from the hotel's Green Committee to reduce personal carbon footprints
The Radisson Blu Ambassador has been a Green Key hotel since 2010
The Green Key is awarded to hotels committed to improving their environmental and fiscal performance. A rigorous assessment of each property examines the use of sustainable and environmentally sound practises in the areas of housekeeping, food and beverage, conference facilities and engineering. The Green Key award ensures that the hotel is committed to continuing to reduce its environmental impact while improving the health and safety of guests and employees.