Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practises Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp goes green
The Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel holds Green Key certification, an international label for environmentally friendly tourism attractions and accommodations. The hotel seeks to function in a sustainable way without compromising comfort. The Green Key lets guests know they are staying at an ecologically friendly hotel, and it spurs the hotel to analyse and implement all investments in a sustainable way. Money saved from sustainable management is used to further improve guest service.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- All traditional light bulbs replaced with energy-efficient bulbs
- Auctions to benefit Mothers for Mothers, a local initiative to help young mothers and children in need
- Awareness-building among guests about water and energy savings, for example through towel reuse
- Dedicated RB coordinator and energy manager
- Money collection for the World Childhood Foundation during September
- Optimisation of energy-consuming equipment
- RB training during introductory staff training and as follow-up training to build awareness
- Waste sorting of glass, cardboard, hazardous material and organic waste, and separation bins in the lobby for guest use
- Water-saving shower heads and flow-restricting filters in taps
- Working with suppliers to reduce and reuse delivery materials
Club Carlson for planners offsets the carbon footprint of your meeting with:
- Automatically purchased carbon credits at no cost to the planner
- Offsets through renewable energy in India plus the planting of one tree in Kenya
- Calculating offsets based on the energy use of your meeting or event
For more information, please visit Club Carlson.