Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Carlson Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. To read more about the RB program, please visit Responsible Business.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements:
- Blood donation drives have been held at the hotel and offices in the area.
- The hotel staff donates clothing twice a year.
- The hotel staff helps to care for children at a local hospital.
- The hotel purchases its paper from a factory that employs disabled people.
- Energy efficient light bulbs are used to replace existing light bulbs as they burn out.