Champagne Bar Events
In March, the Dokhan’s Bar celebrates women!
In honor of International Women's Day on March 8, we're dedicating our monthly selection to female Champagne winegrowers. We have selected a number of different elegant wine styles for our guests to enjoy at the increasingly popular Dokhan's Bar.
Francoise Bedel & Fils
With only 8 hectares, Francoise Bedel & Fils will be honored with a variety of wines that will be served by the glass. This world-famous house is known to all lovers of Champagne. For more than 17 years, the entire vineyard has cultivated the bio-dynamic way. They use natural, chemical-free farming for healthy grapes and a healthy basement. Their motto: "It is to heal the Earth to the grapes is the expression of the Place, of the Year (vintage) with all its qualities and its potential to produce a great wine from Champagne."
The wines we chose to introduce you to are:
- "Origin'elle": An assembly of three soils with a large majority of Pinot Meunier, an ideal wine for an aperitif with a nice balance of freshness, roundness, spices and citrus.
- "Dis, Vin Secret": A cuvée composed mainly of Pinot Meunier blended with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Features mesmerizing incense and very complex aromatic notes that evoke dried fruit and honey.
- "Entre Ciel et Terre": This wine is a real stroke of heart with notes of citrus and lemon and a mouth fresh and full of minerality.
- For vintage cuvées, try the "L’âme de la terre", which represents a single vintage year with a blend of three grape varieties and Pinot Meunier. We will serve the vintage 2002, 2003 and 2004.
The Domain Gonet
Located in Le Mesnil sur Oger, the domain Gonet is run by Chantal and Pierre, descendants of 6 generations of farmers and winemakers. They are recognized worldwide for their high quality wines that express the richness, purity, shades and minerality of their terrtoir. We chose several vintages to really have a nice variation of their work:
- Brut, pure and intense, a vintage with a very low dosage as 3210.
- Rosé, with a strong majority of Chardonnay grape variety of this part of Champagne.
- The delicious 2007 Blanc de Blancs, with toast and hazelnut notes.
Finally, Lenoble champagnes will also be represented this month at the Dokhan's Bar. In 1993, Anne Malassagne became the fourth generation member to cultivate the history of this house, located in the village of Damery. The grapes come from the finest vineyards, like Chouilly for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir for Bisseuil. From these unique supplies, she develops rare wines of great finesse, including dosing, minimized, sublime freshness and natural excellence:
- Brut Zero dosage is the epitome of the house with its purity, freshness and complexity.
- Rosé is greedy, full of fruit, sour cherry flavors and cranberry bay.
- As for the Vintage 2008, it is rich and complex with both roundness.
- We also serve the cuvée "Les Aventures", a exceptional, fantastic wine with aromas of nuts and vanilla, and a length worthy of the greatest vintages of Champagne.
Two special dates to remember in March
Who better to celebrate women than Cathy Kelly? Accompanied by her guitarist Stan Laferrière, she will give a jazzy performance on Thursday, 19 Mar from 19:30!
Earth Hour is a global event aimed to limit our energy consumption and thus fight against global warming. Saturday, 28 Mar, our sommeliers will be pleased to welcome you to our exceptional blind tasting.