Champagne Bar Events
Exceptional end of year at the Dokhan's Bar
During the month of December, we are proudly offering our favorite amazing champagnes. The domain Fleury, located in Courteron, reflects the modern, 4th-generation Aube with the practices of biodynamics, working the soil, and using organic fertilizers rather than chemical. This house currently operates 15 hectares with a majority of Pinot Noir on clay-limestone soils that gives minerality and freshness.
Here is our selection:
- Brut Blanc de Noirs - a vintage finesse with beautiful precision and aromas of dried fruit, a fine and elegant bubble ideal for this season for an aperitif
- Rosé de Saignee - the only cuvée of pinot black maceration, this is a champagne with a dress with red highlights, a nose of red fruits such as raspberry and a very interesting length
- Robert Fleury 2004 - a wine with a real heart, this has gold highlights, a subtle balance between fruit and evolution, a round and powerful palate with flavors of mushrooms and figs, and an exceptional marriage with foie gras
We have also chosen some old vintages from 1990 or 1996 to be offered by the glass. Laherte Frères is a family estate which is located 15 kilometers from Epernay in the town of Chavot. An area with a strong identity, their currencies and beliefs are able to give expression to the terroir and grape varieties naturally with a lot of work in the vineyard. They use 10.5 hectares on several villages and different soils in order to "let the Earth speak."
- The Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature - a pure and mineral wine with no added sugar, a fresh and lively wine with lemon and salt and iodine mouth
- Rosé Saignee "Les Baudiers" - a maceration champagne pinot meunier extra-brut, an unusual vintage due to the variety, it reveals cherry aromas with stunning lengths and a minty finish
- The 2006 vintage - one year with a majority of Chardonnay and a subtle touch of pinot meunier, this is a great wine for both round and full with great complexity and ever freshness
With only 9 hectares, the domain Janisson Baradon operates vineyards on the slopes of the capital of Champagne, Epernay. They make wine and breed wine press by press. Each plot is separated and in high vats and small oak barrels in order to keep their identities.
- Extra Brut - a blend of pinot noir and chardonnay with a very low dosage of sugar (2 grams) per liter. It is kept in cellars for 3 years in the dark. It is crisp, dry, with floral notes with an interesting round thanks to the 30% reserve wine and fine, creamy bubbles
- The Rose - a seductive Champagne finesse and elegance with notes of red fruit and roses.
- Toulette 2006 - featuring chardonnay grapes from old vines from 1947, the 2006 vintage is intense and rich with surprising aromas, fishing quince notes and a voltage amazing mouth
We are also pleased to announce that we will be serving Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle during the whole month of December (by the glass only).
Don't miss our exceptional New Year's Eve with a tasting of rare wines only served at Dokhan's Bar. Jazz lovers will also enjoy Miss Cathy Kelly and guitarist Stan Laferrière on Thursday 11 Dec at 19:30.
Need a gift idea for Christmas?
Give our tasting box of 3 champagnes for EUR 60 for 2 people.
The perfect opportunity to discover a brut, a rosé and a vintage, this box is comprised of selections from the best vintages of very well known houses and independent producers.