Champagne Bar Events
Chardonnay is honored in January at the Dokhan's Bar
To start this New Year, the Champagne Bar invites you to discover wines from two amazing vineyards that utilize the king grape of the region, Chardonnay, which combines power, minerality and roundness. It evokes seasonal flavors like walnut and hazelnut and features a toasted aroma.
We have chosen to honor André Jacquart, a family domain located in Vertus, in the heart of the Côte des Blancs. This area was taken over by Marie Doyard and his brother Benoit. They are the fifth generation and strongly believe in passing on tradition and honoring their family heritage. They cultivate an area of 23 hectares, mainly of Chardonnay, near famous villages like Mesnil sur Oger, Avize, Cramant and Vertus. Their champagnes show great attention to detail, with an iodine and saline frame and incredible ingredients.
- The 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Vertus is made from Chardonnay grapes and comes from a village where parts of the wine are stored in barrels. It is lively, intense and known for its smoothness and freshness.
- The Rosé is called "de saignée" and features a low dosage of sugar, subtle notes of raspberry and a surprising length.
- The vintage 2007 Experience is a rich and intense wine that is created from a single year of terroirs du Mesnil and Oger. The wines grow up to 80% in barrels with a low dosage of sugar. Many experts predict an amazing future for this wine.
Our second selection comes from the Larmandier-Bernier area, also located near Vertus. Sophie and Pierre are part of a new generation of winemakers who prefer natural viticulture, a choice that can be complicated in this region, but with perseverance, they produce great wines from Champagne with little sugar and without artificial ingredients. As the saying goes, "The soil is not enough, it is the wine that is the score for the music: what good will it be if the grape, the vine (the instrument) and the winemaker (the interpreter) are not of the highest quality?" Their range is pure and digestible with aromas that are always interesting and the length that comes from major soils being managed by great winemakers.
- Longitude is a non-vintage wine, but features great length, very pure style and excellent minerality because of great terroirs where chalk is abundant. It is derived exclusively from Chardonnay that comes from the Côte des Blancs, Vertus, Oger, Avize, and Cramant, which form a close line of the fourth meridian.
- The Rosé is macerated with notes of red fruits and spices and has great length and an easy taste. This vintage is ideal for dining and complements red meat especially well.
- The 2008 "Virtues of Earth" has a raw, natural flavor and no sugar. Its high quality comes from many ripened grapes and it features notes of citrus and peach.
Experience a great jazz evening at the Dokhan's Bar! Save the date because we will begin the new year with the RP Quartet, who will illuminate the evening of Thursday, 15 Jan starting at 19:30. The music provides the perfect atmosphere to enjoy our best champagnes.
We hope you are excited about these choices and wish you a happy new year 2015!