Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practises Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Cinema for local kindergarden children 3-6 years
- Basket event for local children 6-10 years
- Food for the homeless
- Hiring of apprentices from among the unemployed and local council
- Participation in annual DHL 5-km race and Frederiksberg Night 5-km race
- Smoking allowed only outside and on one bedroom floor
- Collections for the World Childhood Foundation
- Discounted professional massages, healthy canteen fare and exercise and smoking-cessation programs for employees
- Employee training in fire, first aid and heart defibrillator use, and Responsible Business