Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel follows the principles of Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotel is engaged with both local charity groups and Carlson Rezidor's corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB achievements of this hotel:
- Business customers are invited to donate EUR 1 for each thousand euros spent at the hotel to Planète Urgence, a French NGO whose goal is to reduce inequalities in the world and aid in the reforestation in Mali, Madagascar and Indonesia.
- Employees participated in a blood donation day.
- In an effort to promote energy efficiency, the hotel prepares monthly reports on its consumption of electricity, gas and water.
- The hotel contracts with VEOLIA, a company that collects sorted waste including paper, glass, dangerous waste, oils, light bulbs, batteries and aerosols. The waste is then collected by the Chimirec Group.
- The hotel has received the Green Key label for its long-term environmental and social commitments since 2008.