Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotel is engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation, founded by H.M. Queen Silvia of Sweden, whose mission is to defend the rights of children and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements:
- The hotel tries to use regional suppliers who are ISO 14001-certified, fulfill ecological requirements and use regional products.
- The hotel features an active waste recycling system (glass, paper, plastic, organic waste and more).
- The hotel provides a non-smoking work environment.
- Towels are only changed upon guests’ request.
- The toilets in the guest rooms have a water-saving stop button to reduce water wasting.
- The taps in the public toilets are equipped with motion sensors to stop needless water usage.
- The hotel features motion detectors throughout the premises.
- All windows have heat-absorbing glass to guarantee an optimal temperature adjustment in the rooms.
- The hotel's audiovisual partner, KFP, systematically uses eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient hardware.
- The wine and champagne corks are collected in the restaurant and returned to local manufactures for reuse as floor files, memo boards and more.
- The hotel employs low consumption light bulbs throughout the property to save energy.
- All new staff are trained in Rezidor’s RB Philosophy.
- Annual first aid training is offered to all employees.
- All staff members receive emergency training.
- Every September during Responsible Business Action Month, the hotel raises money and donates it to the World Childhood Foundation or local charities.
- Hotel employees switch off lamps and computer screens when leaving the workplace.