Responsible Business - Let’s Take Responsibility
The Responsible Business programme was introduced in 2001 in response to increasing demands from guests, corporate clients, employees and owners. An environmental programme has been in place since the mid 1990s.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of employees and customers
- Respecting social and ethical issues in the company, as well as in the community
- Reducing negative impacts on the environment
The Responsible Business programme is based on the Responsible Business Policy, which in turn is structured around suppliers and their expectations of the company from an economic, social and environmental point of view.
September is Responsible Business Action month. This is when the hotel pays special attention to Responsible Business.
World Childhood Foundation
The Rezidor Hotel Group is proud to have the World Childhood Foundation as its international charity organisation since May 2007. The World Childhood Foundation is a non-profit organisation dedicated to serving the most vulnerable children in the world.
Rezidor has pledged to support World Childhood Foundation and its projects through various fund-raising activities and also to raise awareness about children in need.
Responsible Business Policy
The hotel educates and facilitates the employees to make a conscious decision in favour of environmental, ethical and social issues.
Business related activities:
- Working together with property owners to find innovative solutions that satisfy economic, environmental and social objectives.
- Providing suppliers and investors with timely, accurate and transparent information on responsible business related risks and opportunities.
- Striving to purchase products that have reduced environmental impact.
- Requiring managers to abide by local and international legislation, especially regarding labor laws, health and safety, human rights and the environment.
- Taking an active role in the international responsible business community, and contributing to the local communities.
- Improving the hotel’s performance in the areas of energy, water, chemicals and resource consumption, and waste generation in order to reduce negative impact on the environment.
Code of Business Ethics
The hotel is committed to maintaining a high standard of business ethics which is honesty and integrity in line with its Responsible Business Programme encompassing social, ethical and environmental responsibility.
- Respecting the law
- Respecting people in all situations
- Thinking ethically
- Acting fairly
- Not discriminating against anyone for any reason
- Honest and transparent
- Loyal to employer
- Not exploiting company’s resources
- Thinking of safety at all times
- Taking care of the earth