Responsible Business – Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- Donations of school supplies to disadvantaged primary schools
- Donations to Sun Village in the Shunyi District of Beijing, along with an annual children's party in the Royal Garden
- Blood donations and receipt of an award from the Beijing Blood Donation Administration in recognition of the hotel’s support of the local government
- Breakfast in appreciation of Beijing taxi drivers and receipt of an award as "Best Taxi Security Control" by the Beijing Public Transportation Administration
- Annual trash pick-up along a ruined section of the Great Wall
- Enhancing the hotel’s gray water system to save over 10,000 tons of water annually
- Green Hotel, Golden Leaf Level Award by the Beijing Municipal Tourism Administration
- Letter of commitment to the "26 Degree Air Conditioner Energy Reduction Campaign" with Global Village and other Chinese NGOs
- Staff training in use of the hotel’s automated external defibrillator (AED)