AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin
The world’s largest cylindrical aquarium, AquaDom contains one million litres of seawater and is maintained by Sea Life Berlin, which is adjacent to the hotel. The Sea Life discovery tour takes guests along 30 different fish tanks and ends with an elevator ride through the middle of the AquaDom, which allows a very close look at hundreds of colourful fish.
Special Sea Life OfferTake advantage of this exclusive offer valid only for guests staying at this hotel and visit the AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin at these special rates.
Adults: EUR 13.50
Children: EUR 10
Tickets are available at the hotel reception.
Opening Hours10:00 - 19:00 (Daily)
Last entry at 18:00
- The aquarium is home to more than 1,500 tropical fish and over 50 different species, including trigger fish, hogfish, humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus), blowfish (Tetraodontidae), surgeonfish (Myripristinae), soldierfish (Tetraodontidae) and swarm fish, like Cero mackerel (Scomberomorus regalis) and Silver moonfish (Monodactylus argenteus).
- The height of the AquaDom is 25 metres.
- The aquarium is made of acrylic, with a thickness of 16 centimetres on the top and 22 centimetres at the bottom.
- The acrylic cylinder has a height of 16 metres and a diameter of 11.50 metres.
- The water level is 14 metres.
- One million litres of Berlin water enhanced with 33 tons of sea salt (salt content of 3,3%) is circulated every hour (7 filters/2 pumps are circulating 600 m2 per hour, nearly the whole volume of the aquarium)
- Water pressure is 2.4 bar.
- The two-storey glass elevator inside the AquaDom (5 metres high/weight of 25 tons) has a capacity of 48 people, including one guide.