AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin
The AquaDom, the world's largest cylindrical aquarium, contains 1 million litres of seawater and can be visited with a Sea Life Berlin ticket. Guests can take the Sea Life discovery tour adjacent to the hotel to see 40 different fish tanks before taking an elevator ride through the centre of the AquaDom.
Special Sea Life OfferEnjoy this exclusive offer for hotel guests and visit AquaDom and Sea Life Berlin at these special rates.
Adults: EUR 14.50
Children: EUR 10.50
Tickets are available at the hotel reception.
Opening Hours10:00 - 19:00 (Daily)
Last entry at 18:00
- The AquaDom is realised by the Union Investment Real Estate GmbH.
- It is operated by the association Berliner Gesellschaft für Großaquarien (BGG).
- Guests can visit the AquaDom with Sea Life Berlin tickets.
- It is the world’s largest free standing aquarium.
- The AquaDom is home to more than 1,500 tropical fish and over 110 different species.
- It contains 1 million litres of salt water (salinity 3,3 %).
- The height of the AquaDom is 25 metres.
- It has a total weight of 2.000 tons.
- The acrylic cylinder has a height of 16 metres and a diameter of 12 metres.
- The water level is 14 metres.
- The water ring is 3 metres wide.
- The aquarium is made up of 12 acrylic panes, with a thickness of 16 centimetres on the top and 22 centimetres at the bottom.
- 7 filters and 2 more special filter systems reduce phosphate and nitrate.
- 4 pumps are circulating in total 900.000 litres per hour. The two big ones together circulate 600.000 litres per hour.
- The water pressure is 2.4 bar.
- The two-storey glass elevator inside the AquaDom (5 metres high/weight of 25 tons) has a capacity of 48 people, including one guide.