AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin
With one million litres of seawater, the AquaDom is the world's largest cylindrical aquarium, a stunning habitat for many species of tropical fish. The AquaDom is maintained by Sea Life Berlin, which is located right next to the hotel. Sea Life Berlin houses 30 freshwater and saltwater tanks, which are home to thousands of sea dwellers.
Special Sea Life offer:Take advantage of this exclusive offer valid only for guests staying at this hotel and visit the "AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin" at these special rates.
Adults: EUR 13.50
Children: EUR 10.00
Tickets are available at the hotel reception.
Opening hours:10:00 - 19:00 (Daily)
Last Entry 18:00
- The aquarium is habitat to more than 1,500 tropical fish and over 50 different species, including trigger fish, hogfish, humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus), blowfish (Tetraodontidae), surgeonfish (Myripristinae), soldierfish (Tetraodontidae) and swarm fish, like Cero mackerel (Scomberomorus regalis) and Silver moonfish (Monodactylus argenteus)
- The height of the AquaDom is 25 metres
- The aquarium is made of acrylic, with a thickness of 16 centimetres on the top and 22 centimetres at the bottom
- The acrylic cylinder has a height of 16 metres and a diameter of 11,50 metres
- The water level is 14 metres
- One million litres of Berlin water enhanced with 33 tons of sea salt (salt content of 3,3 %) is circulated every hour (7 filter/ 2 pumps are circulating 600m³ hour - nearly the whole volume of the aquarium)
- Water pressure is 2,4 bar
- The two-storey glass elevator inside the AquaDom (5 metres high/weight of 25 tons) has a capacity of 48 people, including one guide.