Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- A key card system to produce room lighting
- Cardboard, glass, plastic and paper recycling programs implemented each year
- Green Key certification
- Saving water by giving guests a choice about daily washing of towels and by placement of sink water reducers in each room
- Staff thoroughly trained in Responsible Business practices
- The hotel hosted an afternoon tea break for senior citizens in collaboration with the social committee of the City of Biarritz.
- Hotel staff collected toys for the annual Christmas Tree event of "Secours Catholique de Biarritz," a charity association.
- The hotel implemented the "Think Planet" programme organised by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group with the aim of decreasing our energy consumption by 25% in the next five years.
- The hotel retained its Green Key label after a control visit.
- The hotel collaborated with the local Les Restaurants du Cœur French charity association by donating non-perishable food collected from staff during Christmas.
- The hotel collaborated with the Plan France charity association, whose projects positively impact the lives of 13 million children and their families each year.
- The hotel collaborated with the Un Maillot pour la Vie French charity association and partnered with famous high-level athletes by hosting the association's gala dinner and auction.
- The hotel hosted a workshop about impacts on water sources.