Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of The Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
Rezidor hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of The Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited, at-risk children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- A twice-yearly clothing exchange sees staff bring in outgrown children's clothing, which is cleaned by the hotel's laundry service and then exchanged among employees.
- Blood donation happens four times a year, and blood drives have included repeated donations to a former hotel colleague.
- The hotel increased the number of employees with Responsible Business training to 100%.
- The hotel invited primary-school children to draw their dreams of a hotel, which were exhibited on the first floor.
- The hotel received the Green Hotel Award 2009-2010 due to its eco-friendly operation and maintenance.
- The hotel supports the In Hope of Recovery Foundation with complimentary rooms to children and families fulfilling a wish, and donated volunteer construction time, funds, furniture and clothing for the foundation’s new home to prepare blind youth for independent living.
- The hotel team supports the annual I Love Budapest campaign by collecting garbage, removing graffiti and cleaning public parks and playgrounds.
- Water-conserving aerators were installed in guest room showerheads and taps, resulting in approximately 30% water conservation.