Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
- Annual participation in Kyiv Run under Chestnuts, No Car Day and Earth Hour
- Career Day for students and tenants of orphanages
- Clean-up campaigns and tree planting in local parks and squares
- Support of children’s cardiology hospital, local charity Asham, invalids’ organisation with donations of bed linen, clothes, toys, slippers and soap pieces
- Reduce - Electronic-only versions of most documents, motion sensors on back-area lights, aerators in guest bathrooms
- Reuse - Using back of paper, refilling printer cartridges, donating clothes and linens to charity groups, installing heat-recovery ventilation system
- Recycle - Paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal, plastic items and fluorescent bulbs
Health, safety and security
- Basic and intermediate food hygiene training for employees
- Ongoing first aid training and fire drills
- Wheelchair-accessible restroom in public area and three rooms for physically challenged guests
- Living RB training for new employees and Leading RB training for managers
- Involvement in city’s social activities
- Recycling by all departments
What guests can do
- Donate items like toiletries and clothes at reception or with housekeeping.
- Offset a stay as a Club Carlson member in cooperation with a carbon-free company.
- Participate in the towel reuse program.
- Save energy by switching off appliances when not in use.