Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
Carlson Rezidor hotels practice Responsible Business (RB) in the following areas:
- Think Planet: Minimize environmental footprint
- Think People: Prioritise the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think Together: Respect social and ethical issues in the company and community
The hotels engage with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt has been Green Key eco-labelled since 2012. Green Key is the largest worldwide eco-label for hotels. It is an external recognition of this hotel’s environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental management and guest involvement.
Responsible Business activities and achievements of this hotel include:
For the environment:
- Reduction of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions due to installation of high-tech foils on the windows of the hotel (resulting in one million kWh energy savings per year)
- Transformation of collected leftovers into biogas for power and heat
- Exclusive usage of EcoLab cleanser
- 75% energy saving bulbs in the hotel to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- Participation in the Earth Hour event
- Responsible Business training for all employees to enhance ecological and social awareness
- Blood donation with the German Red Cross
- "Christmas in a Box" with Geschenke der Hoffnung association
- Clothes donation by employees
- Participation in the Grüne Sauce Festival to support school pupils
- Christmas Wish List participation for children of socially deprived families in cooperation with Die Arche Frankfurt
- Sale of teddy bears for the Aidshilfe Frankfurt
- Soup donation four times per year
- Participation in the Girls and Boys Day for Frankfurt’s kids
- JP Morgan Corporate Challenge run for a healthier way of life
- Frankfurt hotels challenge their soccer abilities in the Hotel Cup
- ARQUE Sky Run Messetower race for the support of disabled people
- Race for the Cure five kilometre run for attention to breast cancer
- Lauf für mehr Zeit five kilometre run for the support of the Aidshilfe Frankfurt
Safety and Security:
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt received the Sprinkler Protected award, given to buildings with exemplary preventive fire protection.