Freetown hotel's location puts you close to nature and culture
Diplomats and corporate travellers appreciate this Freetown hotel's location, set away from the more condensed areas but just a 10-kilometre trip to city centre. Travel in to see the historic Cotton Tree, churches dating to the 1820s and the National Museum. Colourful markets offer traditional West African crafts alongside fun trinkets. Also nearby is Fourah Bay College, West Africa's oldest university.
Beautiful beaches abound along the peninsula, offering spectacular picnicking and sunbathing. Options include Lakka, Hamilton, Sussex, No. 2 River, Tokeh, Bureh Town, Black Johnson, Kent, York and Mama.
Join local fishermen in popular fishing villages like Aberdeen, Lumley Beach and Goderich to cast for spoils from the Atlantic, including crab and lobster.
Boating is integral to Sierra Leone’s vast coastline, letting you explore the hidden treasures of its many small bays. Aqua Sports Club, about four kilometres from the hotel, provides organised, supervised boating. Or get authentic with an excursion with a local in their dugout canoe with hand paddles.
North in the Koinadugu District is Lake Sonfon, a bird watchers’ paradise. Come with camera in hand to capture the multitude of species that visit daily.
- Sport fishing - from beach front
- Casino and nightclub - 200 m
- 18-hole golf course - 2 km
- Sierra Leone Museum - 11.1 km
- The Cotton Tree - 11.2 km
- St. John's Maroon Church - 13.5 km
- St. George's Cathedral - 14.1 km
- Big Market - 14.2 km
- Tacaguma chimpanzee sanctuary (Regent Village) - 15.4 km
- National Railway Museum - 17.1 km
- Bunce Island (colonial-era slaving centre) - 86 km
- Charlotte Falls
- Banana and Turtle Islands natural wetlands (excursions with tour guides available)