Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practises Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Carlson Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Carlson Rezidor's corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- Collected toys for Kinderhaus Amthor, a private children’s home
- Donated 177 mattresses, clothes and electrical equipment to Christian Hope Ministry Hannover for indigent people as well as children in Ghana
- Organised a blood donation day around Expo Plaza that drew support from local companies, the vocational school and all Radisson Blu Hotel employees
- Participation at World Clean-up Day surrounding the hotel and Expo Plaza
- Regular support of and donations for Kinderhaus Amthor