Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements include:
- Blood donation activity in cooperation with Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Collecting books for the schools in Eastern Turkey
- Collecting waste papers for a foundation that provides medicine and nursing to the impoverished
- Collecting dead batteries for proper waste disposal
- High school painting in Ortaköy
- Placing cards in bathrooms to remind guests to conserve water
Green Key Eco-label
The Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since February 2012. Green Key is a specialised eco-label for hotels and tourism facilities that promotes sustainable tourism. Green Key is presently the largest global eco-label for accommodation with over 1,800 awarded establishments in 29 countries worldwide.
Green Key Brochure