Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Certificate of appreciation from the Ulusal company, which encourages recycling of used oil
- Donations of clothes to children and elderly people in need
- Health seminars for employees, guests and neighbouring schools in cooperation with local hospitals and universities
- Humanitarian efforts toward Mardin, providing shawls and donation packages for children in need
- Staff blood donations to Kizilay (Turkish Red Cross)
- Work with TEMA (The Turkish Foundation for Combating Soil Erosion, for Reforestation and the Protection of Natural Habitats) to plant trees, receiving a certificate from TEMA for creating a small forest