Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- April Children’s Bayram Celebration, 23 April
- Blood donation in cooperation with Turkish Crescent Society
- Collecting waste papers for recycling in cooperation with Tema
- Recycling to get electrical wheelchairs for disabled people
- Visiting animal pounds and donations for feeding animals
- Visiting orphanage houses and giving gifts to children
- Working in cooperation with Lösev to help children with leukemia