Experience the best of the City of Gold with City Sightseeing
City Sightseeing, the world renowned and trusted brand that operates the iconic open top red double decker buses in over 100 cities across the globe, runs an exciting Hop-On, Hop-Off tour in Johannesburg that offers a whole new perspective on this vibrant and eclectic city. They also run an extension tour that explores the culturally and historically rich township of Soweto. This unique tour extension offers the Soweto of today, with world famous Vilakazi Street, Mandela House and Desmond Tutu House along the route.
The Red City Tour follows a fascinating route through the Johannesburg CBD that visits stops such as Gandhi Square, the Roof of Africa at the Carlton Centre, the James Hall Transport Museum, the Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City, the Mining District, the World of Beer, Newtown Precinct, Origins Centre at Wits, Braamfontein and Constitution Hill.
As with all City Sightseeing tours, the Johannesburg tour operates on the hugely popular hop-on, hop-off basis, which allows sight seers the chance to get off the bus at any of the stops along the route and then get back on to a later bus at their leisure - guaranteeing frequent, safe and reliable transport that is affordable and fun. Buses also have an informative onboard commentary, which explains all the sites, and which is available in 16 different languages, including a fun kids channel.
Gautrain connecting Joburg visitors to City Sightseeing
It is highly recommended that you connect to City Sightseeing by using the world class Gautrain. The Gautrain has stations from OR Tambo International Airport, right through to Sandton and Park Station that will quickly and safely deliver travellers to the Gautrain Park Station where you can then board the City Sightseeing bus (bus stop 1) for the Red City Tour.
The City Sightseeing Red City Tour and the Soweto Tour extension are the ideal way for visitors to explore and experience the best of Johannesburg and Soweto - a safe, efficient, world class tour with an informative commentary that tells the colourful story behind the sights.
International visitors to the City of Gold will be astounded at the richness and vibrancy of this cosmopolitan city as showcased, in all its honesty, by the City Sightseeing bus.
City Sightseeing Joburg & Soweto at a glance:
- Connect to the City Sightseeing bus via the Gautrain from OR Tambo International Airport, Sandton or any other Gautrain Station.
- The Red City Tour explores the Central Business District, including the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill and Gold Reef City – a total of 11 great stops.
- The Soweto Tour extension is included in your Combo Tour. Here you can follow the footsteps of Nelson Mandela and explore Soweto’s rich cultural history.
- Tickets are discounted if purchased online at citysightseeing.co.za
- Safe, reliable, informative and memorable sightseeing of one of the most vibrant and colourful cities in the world.