Hotel practises Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB).
Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Carlson Rezidor corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
- Annual participation in Kyiv Run under Chestnuts, No Car Day and Earth Hour
- Career Days for students and tenants of orphanages
- Clean-up campaigns and tree planting in local parks and squares
- Cooperation with cardiology hospital for kids, and local charity organization for physically challenged people by donating bed linens, clothes, toys, slippers and soap
- Cooperation with HealthRight Service Center for women and girls
The three R's of the environment:
- Reduce: Lights are turned off when not in use, motion sensors have been installed in the back area of the hotel and aerators are also installed in guest bathrooms.
- Reuse: Writing paper is used on both sides, printer cartridges are refilled, and clothes, table and bed linens are donated to charities; heat recovery ventilation has also been installed.
- Recycle: Paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal, plastic items and fluorescent bulbs are recycled.
Health, safety and security initiatives:
- Employees continuously undergo food hygiene training.
- The hotel features wheelchair-accessible restrooms in public areas and three accessible rooms.
- The hotel promotes ongoing first aid training and fire drills.
- The hotel has established bike parking for guests and employees.
- All departments participate in the ongoing recycling program.
- All newcomers undergo the Living Responsible Business training, while all managers participate in the Leading Responsible Business training.
- The hotel is involved in the city's social life.
What guests can do:
- Donate unwanted items like toiletries and clothes.
- Offset their stay as a Club Carlson member and help environmental projects in cooperation with a carbon-free company.
- Participate in the towels re-use program.
- Save energy by switching off any appliances when they are not in use.
- The Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program (Ukrainian Hospitality Awards 2014)
- The first hotel in Ukraine to obtain the Green Key international eco-label (since 2011)
- The first hotel in Ukraine to participate annually in Earth Hour (since 2009)
- Kyiv Association of cyclists Award for contribution to the development of bike infrastructure in Kyiv (2014)
- 24 kg of harmful batteries collected by guests and employees and resent for utilization in 2014