Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Rezidor Hotel Group's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB).
Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Rezidor corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
- Annual participation in Kyiv Run Under Chestnuts, No Car Day and Earth Hour
- Career Days for students and tenants of orphanages
- Clean-up campaigns and tree planting in local parks and squares
- Cooperation with cardiology hospital for kids, the Asham local charity organisation and invalids organisation by providing bed linens, clothes, toys, slippers and soap
- Cooperation with HealthRight Service Center for women and girls
The three R's of the environment:
- Reduce: Lights are turned off when not in use, motion sensors have been installed in the back area of the hotel and aerators are also installed in guest bathrooms.
- Reuse: Writing paper is used on both sides, printer cartridges are refilled, and clothes, table and bed linens are donated to charities; heat recovery ventilation has also been installed.
- Recycle: Paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal, plastic items and fluorescent bulbs are recycled.
Health, safety and security initiatives:
- Employees undergo basic and intermediate food hygiene training.
- Hotel features wheelchair accessible restrooms in public areas and three rooms for physically challenged guests.
- Hotel promotes ongoing first aid training and fire drills.
- All departments participate in ongoing recycling programme.
- All newcomers undergo the Living Responsible Business training, and all managers participate in Leading Responsible Business training.
- The hotel is involved in the city's social life.
What guests can do:
- Donate unwanted items like toiletries and clothes.
- Offset your stay as a Club Carlson member and help environmental projects in cooperation with a carbon-free company.
- Participate in the towel re-use program.
- Save energy by switching off appliances when they are not in use.
- One of the top five best bike employers in Kyiv
- The first hotel in Ukraine to obtain the Green Key international eco-label
- The first hotel in Ukraine to participate in Earth Hour in 2009