Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. The Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow practices Responsible Business (RB) in the following three areas:
- Think planet: minimizing environmental footprint
- Think people: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
The hotel participates in the following Responsible Business activities:
- The hotel is co-initiator, co-organizer and active participant of the Krakow Business Run; this event, which takes place in the center of Krakow, features thousands of runners that take part to aid the disabled of the Jasiek Mela Beyond Horizons Foundation.
- The hotel also remembers people in need by supporting Jan Brzechwa Children’s Home in Krakow; each year, children are invited for horseback rides and a summer barbeque.
- Before Christmas, the hotel organizes a special art auction in which guests can fulfil children’s dreams by donating money for gifts from Santa Claus.
- The hotel donated equipment for four kids’ playground corners at University Children's Hospital in Krakow to help children waiting for a doctor’s visit to feel relaxed and happy.
- As the first Radisson Blu Hotel in Poland, this hotel follows BS8901 standards for managing sustainable events; during meetings and events held at the hotel, staff helps reduce negative impacts on the natural environment and production and exploitation costs.
- The hotel received the Green Key eco-label, a worldwide eco-label for hotels, confirming its environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental management and guest involvement.