Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. The Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow practices Responsible Business (RB) in the following three areas:
- Think planet: minimising environmental footprint
- Think people: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
The hotel participates in the following Responsible Business activities:
- The hotel is co-initiator, co-organiser and active participant of the Krakow Business Run. This event, which takes place in the centre of Krakow, features thousands of runners that take part to aid the disabled of the Jasiek Mela Beyond Horizons Foundation.
- The hotel also remembers people in need. It supports Jan Brzechwa Children’s Home in Krakow. Each year, children are invited for horseback rides and a summer barbecue. Before Christmas, the hotel organises a special art auction in which guests can fulfill children’s dreams by donating money for gifts from Santa Claus.
- Radisson Blu Krakow donated equipment for four kids’ playground corners at University Children's Hospital in Krakowto help children waiting for a doctor’s visit to feel relaxed and happy.
- As the first Radisson Blu hotel in Poland, Radisson Blu Krakow follows BS8901 standards for managing sustainable events. During meetings and events held at the hotel, staff helps reduce negative impacts on the natural environment and production and exploitation costs.
- The Radisson Blu Krakow received the Green Key eco-label, a worldwide eco-label for hotels, confirming its environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental managementand guest involvement.