Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That commitment continues with Responsible Business at this hotel.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization recognized by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- First aid training is offered to employees.
- Regular training to increase awareness and importance of the RB program is offered to all employees.
- The hotel collects paper, used batteries and plastic capsules for recycling.
- The hotel donates toys, shoes, blankets, mattresses and pillows to local charities.
- The hotel encourages suppliers to adhere to the RB program.
- The hotel hosts several blood drives throughout the year.