Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That commitment continues with Responsible Business at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Lyon.<
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation recognised by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- First aid training is offered to employees.
- Regular training to increase awareness and importance of the RB programme is offered to all employees.
- The hotel collects paper, used batteries and plastic capsules for recycling.
- The hotel donates toys, shoes, blankets, mattresses and pillows to local charities.
- The hotel encourages suppliers to adhere to the RB programme.
- The hotel hosts several blood drives throughout the year.