Responsible Business - Let's Take Responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of hotel include:
Community and social responsibility
- Clothing and linens are regularly collected and donated to charity organisations and schools.
- Guests are provided optional bicycles for local sightseeing.
- The hotel has organised blood donation since 2008 and receives an annual certificate of recognition from the Jeevan Blood Bank & Research Centre.
- The hotel promotes local suppliers by purchasing stone artefacts, fruits and vegetables and using local musicians and dancers for guest entertainment.
- This hotel takes great pride in protecting olive ridley sea turtles and preserving their eggs, with staff trained to protect them from predators; the hotel was awarded a certificate by an olive ridley conservation organization.
- The hotel encourages staff to educate their children by reimbursing school fees.
- Underprivileged individuals who enrol in the hotel’s GRT Hospitality Academy receive 100% job security.
- Eco-friendly vehicles like buggies, tricycles and bicycles are used on premises by guests and team members.
- This hotel is EarthCheck Silver Certified.
- The hotel’s enhanced grey water system, in use for more than five years, saves over 21,912 kilolitres of water annually.
- SAB (Sediment Accumulator in Beach) technology protects the beach from erosion.
- The hotel’s restaurant and events catering provide healthy food options and local produce.
- The resort trains security staff to use its automated external defibrillator (AED) for sudden cardiac arrest.