Old Town Nice
Old Nice is a picturesque village in the heart of Nice. Discover attractions in a unique setting with narrow streets and colourful traditional markets. Immerse yourself in its history, traced back from the Ancient Greek era to the present day, or discover the highlights of the Belle Epoque and the Baroque age. Come enjoy some of culinary specialities like Socca or pissalardière, accompanied by Bellet wine, which is grown in the hills of Nice.
Must-see places in Nice:
- Place Massena - characterized by its red, majestic arch facade features, the Place Massena is the centre of the city and the heart of the famous Nice Carnival
- Promenade du Paillon - recently opened, this friendly space with many spectacular events is a real “green lung” of the city.
- Opera de Nice - Built by the architect François Aune which was inspired by the Opera of Paris, Opéra de Nice regularly hosts significant cultural events.
- Cours Saleya - this pedestrian esplanade goes from the castle hill to the feet of the Opera. It is surrounded by restaurants and turns into a food or flower market every morning.
- Chappelle de la Miséricorde - this stunning church is considered to be the most beautiful baroque chapel of the city. The richness of its interior decorations, originality of its volumes and Bistolfi paintings make this place a masterpiece of architect Vittone.
- The Castle: Built in VII century; the castle was partially destroyed by order of Louis XIV in 1706. Now, it provides one the most stunning views on the Baie des Anges.
Find hotels near the Old Town:
Choose a hotel in Nice near the Old Town and other Nice attractions by booking the Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice. Just a short distance from the city centre and less than 10 minutes from Nice Airport, you will find high-quality accommodation and unparalleled service at this Nice hotel. Choose from in-house restaurants when staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel, including restaurants with private beach dining.