Responsible Business - Let’s take responsibility
Hotel practises Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- All taps are equipped with flow reducers, and public taps are equipped with water sensors.
- All toilets are equipped with economic flushing.
- Cards displayed in guest rooms encourage towel re-use.
- Half of the hotel's energy comes from renewable resources.
- Operational departments implement waste sorting, and printer cartridges are collected for reprocessing.
- The hotel donates reusable furniture and blankets to charities such as the Arme du Salut (Salvation Army).
- The hotel organised a blood donation drive that included guests, staff and local companies.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs in all public spaces and guest rooms.
- Light sensors have been installed in public spaces.
- Lighting in rooms is linked to a master switch operated by the room key.
How guests can help:
- Dispose of batteries in the dedicated collection box at the guest relations desk.
- Offset carbon emissions associated with a hotel stay using the Club Carlson loyalty programme.
- Re-use towels by placing them back on the rack.
- Use keycard when leaving to switch off lights.
- Use the hotel's free shuttle service and public transport when visiting Paris and nearby attractions.