Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety. To read more about the RB programme, please visit the Responsible Business website.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements of this hotel:
- Donating clothes twice yearly
- Organising a blood donation drive at the hotel and office
- Providing support to children in a local hospital
- Purchasing A4 paper purchased from a manufacturer employing disabled workers
- Replacing existing lightbulbs with energy-conservative bulbs