Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That commitment continues with this hotel's Responsible Business programme.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Examples of this hotel's RB activities and achievements:
- The hotel participates in the 1 EUR Charity Program. All guests willing to participate are surcharged 1 EUR per stay. The collected funds are donated to the Orphanage for Mentally Disabled Children, which the hotel has supported since 2001.
- This accommodation is the only one in Sofia awarded with the Green Key Certificate for its environmental policy and practices.
- The hotel was granted the UNDP Global Compact award for its strong environmental policy and its support to mentally disabled children.
- To lessen its environmental impact, the hotel has implemented garbage separation, battery collection boxes, and water and electricity consumption review and reduction. The hotel also supports environmentally friendly production of printed materials, avoiding lamination.
- The hotel supports local artists and musicians as part of Bulgarian art life development.
- The hotel staff participates in sports events to raise money for charities.