Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Hotel Toulouse Airport has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since 2009. Green Key is a worldwide eco-label awarded to leisure organisations such as hotels, conference and holiday centres, campsites and leisure facilities.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
Reduce - Reuse - Recycle:
- Brochures, menus and other handouts are printed on both sides when possible.
- Clothes are donated to charities such as a social centre for people in disadvantaged situations.
- Frying oil is collected for reuse by a certified company.
- Guests can elect to reuse towels and bed linens.
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, magnetic cards and batteries are recycled.
- Suppliers are asked to decrease packaging.
- Lights in public areas have an energy-saving night mode.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- A formula is followed by the Carlson-Rezidor Hotel Group to address safety and security issues: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response and Crisis Management and Communication (TRIC).
- All staff members are trained in fire alert management and evacuation.
- Dedicated staff members are trained by the French Red Cross in emergency first aid, including use of a HeartStart defibrillator.
- Annually during the Clean Nature initiative, a staff team helps clean the Garonne River.
- Employees, customers and other companies are invited to donate blood annually.
- Every September (RB month), we raise money for the World Childhood Foundation.
- Staff donates clothing to charity.
- The hotel sponsors Handi Club Stade Toulousain Rugby, which belongs to the French Handisport Federation that welcomes disabled adults into sports.
- Together with guests, the hotel extinguishes all lights during Earth Hour in March.
How guests can help:
- Draw curtains to retain or exclude heat depending on weather.
- Offset carbon emissions associated with your stay through the Club Carlson loyalty programme.
- Put used batteries in the collection boxes at reception.
- Switch off all appliances when not in use.
- Use cards placed in the rooms to let staff know it’s not necessary to change sheets and towels every day.
- Use public transportation (bus, train, tramway, shuttle).