Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
The Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel practices Responsible Business (RB) in the following three areas:
- Think planet: minimising our environmental footprint
- Think people: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
This hotel has been a recipient of the Green Key eco-label since 2010. Green Key is the largest worldwide eco-label for hotels. It is an external recognition of this hotel’s environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental management and guest involvement.
Recent Responsible Business actions include:
- A yearly tradition of sponsoring summer picnics and Christmas lunches for Special School Number 99, an organisation for disabled children
- The engineering team's renovation of one training room, sleeping rooms and toilets
As part of Responsible Business program, the hotel promotes the following:
- Bicycle parking spaces for employees and guests to reduce fuel costs
- Participation in the Earth Hour event by promoting energy-saving actions among guests and staff
- Promoting various activities to save energy, including the Carlson Rezidor program "Think Planet"
- Sorting paper and plastic and bottles on the hotel property
- Towel replacement program for guests to reduce water and chemical consumption
- Training for employees in areas of environmental awareness and social responsibility
- Use of products provided by ecological food producers