Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
The Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel practices Responsible Business (RB) in the following three areas:
- Think planet: minimising environmental footprint
- Think people: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
This hotel has been Green key eco-labeled since 2010. Green Key is the largest worldwide eco-label for hotels. It is an external recognition of this hotel’s environmental actions in energy and water savings, waste management, environmental management, guest involvement.
Recent Responsible Business actions include:
- A yearly tradition of sponsoring summer picnics and Christmas lunches for Special School Number 99, an organisation for disabled children.
- The engineering team’s renovation of one training room, sleeping rooms and toilets
- Organisation of monthly house tours for Friends for Children Association (job orientation) and Christmas sales of handcrafts made by children during art therapy classes to collect funds for the organisation.
As part of Responsible Business program, the hotel promotes the following:
- Towel replacement program among guests to reduce water and chemical consumption
- Offers bicycle parking spaces for employees and guests to reduce fuel costs
- Participates in the Earth Hour event by promoting energy saving actions among guests and staff
- Promotes of various activities to save energy, including theCarlson Rezidor program“Think Planet”
- Sortes paper, plastic and bottles on the hotel property
- Trains employees in areas of environmental awareness and social responsibility
- Uses of products provided by ecological food producers