Wroclaw Five-Star Hotel’s Social and Environmental Commitment
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). That commitment continues with this Wroclaw five-star hotel's Responsible Business programme. Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Standing out among hotels in Poland, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Wroclaw emphasizes corporate, social and environmental responsibility:
- The hotel works closely with the orphanage in Katy Wroclawskie.
- All proceeds from charity auctions during Appreciation Parties go to the orphanage in Katy Wroclawskie.
- The hotel plays an active role in the “Clean up the World” campaign.
- To protect the environment, the hotel collects used batteries in special boxes.
- A donation box is located in the hotel’s lobby for “Save the Children Fund.”
- Hotel employees receive internal training on the Responsible Business Programme.
- The hotel works in close co-operation with local authorities, including BCC, BPCC, AmCham to foster a sustainable and healthy environment.