Hotel strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Carlson Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
Responsible Business activities:
- The hotel conducts training sessions to increase awareness of RB practices.
- All staff members are required to complete the Living Responsible Business Programme; the three main topics of this course are the three pillars of the Responsible Business Programme: safety and security of guests and employees, social and ethical responsibility, and ecological responsibility.
- Regular refresher courses are held quarterly, and activities are held in each of the three key areas.
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport supports the social institution Pro Infirmis that helps disabled individuals integrate into daily life.
- Each year for Christmas, this mission collects thousands of gift boxes for children living in the poorest countries in Europe and the world; the hotel's staff donated numerous boxes.
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport strives to reduce the daily operations that produce a negative impact on the environment by controlling energy and water consumption and waste generation.
- September is the Responsible Business Action month of Rezidor; during this month, each hotel shows its additional engagement for social and ecological activities and projects.
Additional projects include:
- Wine, Dine & Art Vernissage Fundraiser: 10% of the income of the pictures sold by artist Andreas Jordi donated to the community
- World Childhood Foundation
- Environmental exhibition in cooperation with the airport Unique
- Fundraising for Pro Infirmis
- Fundraising for Operation Christmas Child