Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of a broader commitment by the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the selected corporate international charity organisation of The Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the World Childhood Fund is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- Kitchen oil is collected for recycling.
- Hotel staff participated in a women's marathon to benefit breast cancer research.
- The hotel has donated funds to the Chacun son Everest association and to the Solidarités Nouvelles pour le Logement 78.
- The hotel has received the Clef Verte certification each year since 2008.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- The staff donates clothing twice each year.
- The staff joined with other employees in the area to donate blood.
- Water consumption at the hotel was decreased by 15% from 2009 to 2010.