Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation recognised by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- All employees receive Responsible Business training.
- As a recipient of the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, the hotel continually reviews the label’s criteria to maintain the honour.
- In cooperation with Norberg Skole high school and the Norwegian School of Management, we give presentations about the hospitality industry, contribute relevant exam questions and offer apprenticeships to students from Norberg Skole.
- The hotel donates all lost-and-found items older than three months to the Salvation Army.
- The hotel sponsors Ruben Chito and his family in Ecuador through PLAN-Norge, established in more than 50 countries to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children.