Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business. Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation sponsored by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of this foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
The hotel’s RB activities and achievements include:
- Bicycle stand in the garage
- Donating a dinner voucher, beverages and an overnight suite stay to First Class Hilft, auctioned for a minimum of EUR 450,000
- Donating a dinner voucher and beverages to support the "public kitchens for children" Kindertafel project
- Donation box for Save the Children at the front desk
- EUR 1,000 donation, as well as help painting all parent rooms, for a child cancer assistance programme at the University Clinic Düsseldorf
- RB training for all employees
- Sponsoring a girl in Africa in cooperation with Plan International
- Sponsoring a golf gala to raise funds for people with disabilities undergoing emergency treatment at Franz-Beckenbauer-Stiftung