Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practices socially responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business. Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation sponsored by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of this foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements of the Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel include:
- 1000 EUR donated to the Parents Initiative Child Cancer assistance for the University Clinic Düsseldorf.
- A donation box for Save the Children is available at the front desk.
- A Golf Gala with snacks and drinks was sponsored by the hotel. Donations gathered went to support the mentally and physically disabled undergoing emergency treatments at Franz-Beckenbauer-Stiftung.
- For employees who wish to reduce emissions, the hotel has added a bicycle stand in the garage.
- HEAM, together with staff from the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Düsseldorf, painted all parents' rooms of the child cancer station in the university hospitality Düsseldorf as part of the Parents Initiative Child Cancer assistance for the University clinic Düsseldorf.
- The hotel donated a dinner voucher (three-course menu), with corresponding beverages and an overnight stay in a Suite to First Class Hilft, where it will be auctioned for the lowest bid of 450,000 EUR.
- The hotel donated a dinner voucher with corresponding beverages for "Deutsches Rotes Kreuz" tombola, supporting the "public kitchens for children" Kindertafel project.
- This hotel is officially the godparent for a girl in Africa, in cooperation with Plan International.
- The hotel offers RB training for all employees.