Visit One of the Top Shanghai Hotels near Nanjing Road
Indulge in fine dining, world-class shopping and exciting activities during your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. Spend the morning browsing stores on Nanjing Road, then take a leisurely stroll through People's Square and pay a visit to the Shanghai Museum. Later on, take in a show at the Shanghai Grand Theatre or view exhibits at the Urban Planning Exhibition Hall. The Bund, also called Zhongshan Road, is a famous waterfront area that houses beautiful buildings styled after different architectural periods.
The Communist Party and Europeans fleeing World War II - both have shaped what Shanghai is today. The name means "City on the Sea," and the culturally diverse population makes it a great stop for Western travelers. As a booming financial metropolis, Shanghai combines colonial beauty with high-powered business lunches, a pulsating nightlife and cultural icons like the Jade Buddha Temple. Easy to navigate, the city is divided into two sections, and travelers will marvel at its mixture of neon-lit skyscrapers and French villas, as well as its strong-willed and cosmopolitan people. Located on the Yangtze River Delta, Shanghai was a small fishing village until the mid-1800's. In August 1842, after the first Opium War, it was opened as a port city to foreign trade. Influences, mostly English, American and French, caused the city to metamorphose into the cultural center it is today. Shanghai and its myriad of stimulating delights make for a great Chinese destination.
Did you know?
Shanghai has more commercial goods than any other city in China, except Hong Kong. If you’re ready to shop, you’ve come to the right place.
The hotel is situated opposite the People's Park and right above the People's Square subway station with easy access to Metro Line 1, 2 and 8.
Shanghai Metro Network Map
Hongqiao International Airport
Conveniently located 14 kms from the hotel, Hongqiao International Airport serves as Shanghai's primary domestic airport.
Distance from hotel: 14 kms
Pudong International Airport
Shanghai's premier international airport is located 35 minutes from the hotel and is easily accessible via the Shanghai Subway.
Distance from hotel: 35 kms
Nearby corporate offices:
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Shanghai Co., Ltd
- Ambrian Trading (Shanghai) Ltd
- Amirepacific China
- Audemars Piguet Watches (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd
- Aura Light Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- B & W Group (China) Ltd Shanghai Branch Company
- Beauty Farm
- Beijing InterBulk Logistics Co., Ltd
- Beiten Burkhardt
- Biddle Sawyer Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- BSI Group Learning Beijing Ltd
- ColloCare Logistics (China) Co., Ltd
- Danone Dairly Sales (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Element Six Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Environmental Resources Management
- Fiege International Freight Forwarder (China) Company Ltd
- Fonssino Group
- Golder Associates Consulting Ltd
- GROHE (China)
- Hyder ACLA Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Indena Biotechnology (Shanghai)Co., Ltd
- Kawasaki Heavy Heavy Industries Management (Shanghai) Ltd
- KQNE Shanghai Branch Office Ltd
- Kurki Fashion (Beijing) Ltd
- Melchers (Shanghai)
- Methanex Service (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Ruiyu (Shanghai) Investment Consulting Co., Ltd
- Snap-on Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd