Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
All hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Key practices of this hotel:
- After a successful test period in 10 guest rooms, new shower heads were mounted that offer about 50% water savings per shower.
- Books and magazines found after guests’ departure are offered for free borrowing by staff.
- Hotel management implemented complete waste separation (guest rooms, offices, staff cantina).
- School children were invited to decorate gingerbread houses and biscuits that were then sold to clients and staff. The approximately 600 EUR raised was given to charity Welt Kinder Vereinigung.
- The hotel collects old cell phones for a recycling firm and donates 1 EUR per phone to charity.
- The hotel is testing water-saving sensors in some guest toilets for potential installation in all.
- The hotel organised a flea market with lost-and-found items and donated proceeds to Save the Children.
- The hotel supports an association against bowel cancer, offering preferential prices for their annual brunch or complimentary conference rooms.
- The hotel supports local associations like Cliniclowns and a hospice through financial expenditures and vouchers for their charity events.
- The hotel supports the Make-A-Wish Foundation with complimentary rooms for families visiting Vienna to fulfill a child's wish. The hotel group also arranges best prices at any European property and offers preferential conditions for the foundation’s annual charity brunch.
- The Radisson Blu, Vienna is the proud recipient of the Austrian Eco Label.