Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
- Annual participation in Earth Hour and Clean-Up Day
- Support of local orphanage with bed linens and towels
- Reduce - Electronic-only versions of most documents, motion sensors on back-area lights, aerators in guest bathrooms
- Reuse - Using both sides of paper, refilling printer cartridges, donating clothes and linens to charity groups, installing heat-recovery ventilation system
- Recycle - Paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal, plastic items, fluorescent bulbs and batteries
Health, safety and security
- Ongoing first aid training and fire drills
- Wheelchair-accessible restroom in public area and three rooms for physically challenged guests
- Blood donation to the local blood centre
- Living RB training for new employees and Leading RB training for managers
- Recycling by all departments
What guests can do
- Offset a stay as a Club Carlson member in cooperation with a carbon-free company.
- Participate in the towel reuse program.
- Save energy by switching off appliances when not in use.