Tunisia beach resort promotes Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities include:
- Easy solutions for guests to sort waste and request towels
- Employee participation in recycling of bottles, paper and oils
- Member of the Tunisian ecolabel project
- Participating in the local cleaning campaign
- Providing information to hotel guests on the effects of environmental pollution
- Recipient of the “La Clef Verte” label
- Recycled water to spray plants
- Responsible Business training for employees
The hotel has a strong commitment to the community. The hotel makes annual contributions to a non-profit, local association to help the community and provide social and economic relief.
Some of these local chapters include:
- Children’s Village Tunisian SOS Association aids underprivileged children who are in danger and without family support.
- UTAIM, located in El May and Houmt-Souk, helps handicapped children and their parents cope with daily challenges.
- The Public Hospital of Houmt-Souk provides physical aid and relief to the surrounding community.