Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements:
- Barbeque for the needy, in Waren for Warener Tafel e.V.
- Blood donation to support Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
- Clean up day to make environment cleaner
- Forest shareholder
- Green Key certified since 2012
- Hotel donates hot soup every Wednesday to the Warener Tafel e.V., which provides a hot meal to about 150 people
- Implementation of the RB Philosophy to new staff
- Knigge course for school kids with the hotel manager
- Waste separation (glass, paper, plastic, residual waste)