Radisson Blu Resort, Split strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- Aluminium cans, glass and plastic bottles, cardboard and paper are collected for recycling.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs are used.
- The resort provides guests and staff with containers for disposing of old batteries.
- Aerators are used in all hotel taps and showers which drastically reduces the water flow.
- Water-Water and Think Green schemes for towel and bedding exchange greatly reduce water and detergent usage.
- The kitchen maintains its own herb garden that provides herbs such as rosemary, basil and chives.
- The hotel beach has been certified as a Blue Flag beach which means it fulfils the strict environmental, social and health and safety criteria.
- The hotel is the holder of the first prestigious international Green Key eco label in Croatia.
- All staff members are provided with extensive RB training opportunities in cooperation with the Rezidor group headquarters.
- The resort cooperates with local producers of organic food.
- The resort offers a range of environmentally friendly eco tours.
- The guests can hire both standard bicycles and battery powered cycles in the lobby.
- The key future plans are based around increased use of solar energy.
Social and community outreach
- Clothing donations are collected for the local Red Cross.
- The resort donates two types of soup to the local Caritas kitchen every Monday.
- The resort actively participates in various festivities with the local orphanage, Maestral.
- The resort collects the used shampoo and shower gel bottles if they are over half full and donate them to the local Caritas shelter for homeless and those on social welfare.
Health, safety and security
- Resort staff receives training in first aid, fire fighting, Responsible Business practices, safety and security.
- The resort's public areas are monitored by closed-circuit TV cameras.
- The resort works with food suppliers that are HACCP and ISO Certified.
- Annual Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor received yearly since 2011 for outstanding quality of service and accommodation
- Certificate of Appreciation received from the local Caritas office for helping the local kitchen with food donations
- The Blue Flag certification received yearly since 2011 for the Hotel Beach
- The Green Key – prestigious international Eco-label achieved in July 2012
How can guests help?
- Guests can support the World Childhood Foundation by donating funds in the donation box at the reception desk or by selecting to donate €1 per night during check-in at the reception desk.
- Guests can re-use towels by hanging them back on the rack. This helps conserve water and limits the use of chemical detergents.
- Guests can choose not have their linen exchanged by hanging our special Think Green door hanger on the inside of the room.
- Guests can dispose of old batteries in special battery shaped containers in the lobby.