Radisson Blu Hotel, a Blu Gem in the Heart of the French Caribbean
Located on the French side of St. Martin in the Anse Marcel cove, the Radisson Blu Resort sits on 18 lush acres. This tiny island is home to two separate countries, St. Martin in the north and the Sint Maarten in the south. Guests fly into Princess Juliana Airport, located on the Dutch side of the island, just 45 minutes by land or 25 minutes by sea from Anse Marcel.
Anse Marcel is the entryway to the National Nature Reserve, a true haven for flora and fauna. The reserve includes the island of Pinel, which can be seen from the beach, along with Petite Clef, Green Cay, Tintamarre and the small islands off the Baie de l'embouchure. St. Martin is a great place to explore and discover the true Caribbean.
For more information on the island's treasures you can visit www.stmartinisland.org.
Nearby St. Martin attractions:
- Grand Case (1.2 miles) Dubbed the “culinary capital of the Caribbean,” Grand Case is an oceanfront village with many dining options.
- Marigot (4.2 miles) Shop at chic boutiques and the twice weekly market, and dine Marigot’s bistros.
- Orient Beach (4.5 miles) The famous clothing-optional beach, Orient Beach also offers restaurants and shops.
- Butterfly Farm (2.6 miles) A unique place to visit, the farm houses 40 varieties of butterflies.
- Pinel Island (6 miles) A local favourite offering three restaurants and great snorkeling, Pinel Island is only a 10-minute ferry ride from the resort.
- Duck's Beach (8 miles) This beach is a steep-walled cove with brilliant white sand and good swimming opportunities.
- Fort St. Louis (4.2 miles) Overlooking Marigot, this fort is largest historical monument on the island.
Princess Juliana International Airport is located on the Dutch side of the island, just a 12-mile (45-minute) drive from the resort. A Hertz rental car booth is located in the lobby of the resort for daily and weekly car rentals.
Driving directions from the airport:
- Turn left onto Airport Road (name changes as it progresses into French St. Martin).
- Drive through Marigot toward Grand Case and Anse Marcel.
- 1.5 miles after passing Grand Case, turn left toward Cul de Sac/Pinel.
- Follow the road over the hill to Anse Marcel.
- The resort is at the very end; parking is free of charge to hotel guests.