Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- All employees are fully trained in RB principles within their first three months on the job.
- All employees receive first aid training, as well as training in operating a portable heart defibrillator.
- Smoking is permitted in only one area of the hotel property.
- The hotel collected money for children in Pakistan through the "Save the Children" programme.
Employee health initiatives:
- All employees can participate in a free smoking-cessation programme.
- Professional massages are offered at very favourable prices to all employees.
- The hotel canteen offers well-balanced daily fare.
- There are opportunities to exercise on the job, and every year hotel staff members take part in the DHL five-kilometre race.
Hotel Environment Activity Month activities:
- Helped integrate children who have non-Danish ethnic backgrounds
- 80.000 DKK donation to help provide service dogs for disabled people
- 50.000 DKK donation to support children who are overweight
- 50.000 DKK donation to support the Danish Psychiatry Fund
- 200.000 DKK donation to support UNICEF vaccination campaign in Laos