Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- All employees are fully trained in RB principles within their first 3 months on the job.
- All employees receive first aid training, as well as training in operating a portable heart defibrillator.
- Smoking is permitted in only one area of the hotel property.
- The hotel collected money for children in Pakistan through the "Save the Children" program.
- The hotel supports the Ronald McDonald House, which is a place to stay for families whose children are in the hospital, by donating a monthly dinner for the house residents.
Employee health initiatives:
- All employees can participate in a free smoking-cessation program.
- Professional massages are offered at very favorable prices to all employees.
- The hotel canteen offers well-balanced daily fare.
- There are opportunities to exercise on the job, and every year hotel staff members take part in the DHL 5-kilometer race.
Hotel Environment Activity Month activities:
- DKK 80.000 donation to help provide service dogs for disabled people
- DKK 50.000 donation to support children who are overweight
- DKK 50.000 donation to support the Danish Psychiatry Fund
- DKK 200.000 donation to support UNICEF vaccination campaign in Laos
- Helped integrate children who have non-Danish ethnic backgrounds