Reykjavik boasts lively events
Many lively festivals and events take place in Reykjavik each year, showcasing Iceland's rich cultural heritage and pride. This hotel is the perfect location to enjoy convenient access to these fun and family-friendly festivals, including:
- Bolludagur (Bun Day) - Bolludagur is a celebration of Icelandic cuisine.
- 7 - 10 Reykjavik Winter Lights Festival
- 8 Museum Night
- 14 - 17 Design March
- Food and Fun in March - Chefs from all over the world visit Iceland to cook exeptional Icelandic food with the help of the chefs at the top restaurants in Reykjavik.
- Reykjavik Blues Festival
- Reykjavik Fashion Festival
- 25 - 27 Eve Online Fanfest
- 25 First Day of Summer Festival - This festival brings the best of Icelandic food, music and crafts to Reykjavik to ring in warmer weather.
- Reykjavik Art Festival
- Rite of Spring Music Festival - Alternative music event that provides a range of concerts showcasing everything from jazz to folk music.
- 2 Sjomannadagur (Festival of the Sea) - Celebrates the region's rich maritime heritage with boat races, entertainment and live music near Reykjavik Harbour.
- 17 Independence Day - This national holiday celebrates Iceland's history and heritage.
- 21 Summer Solstice - Marking the longest day of the year, many bars stay open throughout the night to enjoy the extended daylight.
- Menningarnótt (Culture Night) - This carnival with street entertainers showcases Icelandic culture and is one of Reykjavik's biggest festivals.
- Reykjavik Marathon - same day as Culture Night
- Gay Pride - The parade goes through the city centre and the party continues throughout the day and into the night.
- Reykjavik International Film Festival (RIFF)
- Iceland Airwaves