Celebrate Icelandic culture at Reykjavik events
Vibrant festivals and other events showcase Iceland's rich cultural heritage and pride. The hotel provides convenient access to these fun, family-friendly Reykjavik events. These events provide a glimpse of the variety.
- Bolludagur (Bun Day) - Enjoy a celebration of Icelandic cuisine.
- Reykjavik Winter Lights Festival
- Museum Night
- Design March
- Food and Fun in March – International and top local chefs cook exceptional Icelandic food.
- Reykjavik Blues Festival
- Reykjavik Fashion Festival
- Eve Online Fanfest
- First Day of Summer Festival - The best of Icelandic food, music and crafts ring in warmer weather.
- Reykjavik Art Festival
- Rite of Spring Music Festival - Experience alternative music with concerts from jazz to folk music.
- Sjomannadagur (Festival of the Sea) - Boat races, entertainment and live music near Reykjavik Harbour celebrate the country’s rich maritime heritage.
- Independence Day - This national holiday celebrates Iceland's history and heritage.
- Summer Solstice - Marking the longest day of the year, many bars stay open all night to enjoy the extended daylight.
- Menningarnótt (Culture Night) - This carnival with street entertainers showcases Icelandic culture and is one of Reykjavik's biggest festivals.
- Reykjavik Marathon - Runners compete the day of Culture Night.
- Gay Pride - The parade goes through the city centre, and the party continues into the night.
- Reykjavik International Film Festival (RIFF)
- Iceland Airwaves
- Thorlaksmessa - The 23 December is the last day of shopping for Christmas when stores stay open longer.
- Christmas - Iceland celebrates on 24 December.
- New Year's Eve - Celebrate a party night in Reykjavik with events starting after midnight when locals ignite their fireworks.