Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- A specially designed nest box for peregrines was set up on the hotel's roof in 2011.
- All employees are trained in Responsible Business practices within the first three months of employment.
- All employees receive first aid and defibrillator training.
- The hotel continually collects money for children in Pakistan through "Save the Children."
- The hotel limits smoking to a single, separate area.
- All employees are offered free classes on smoking cessation.
- Employees have opportunities to exercise while at work, and the hotel participates in the annual DHL five-kilometre race.
- Professional massage is offered at favourable prices to all employees.
- The canteen serves well-balanced daily fare.
The Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Copenhagen is now home to the Peregrine Falcon, which lives on top of the building. Click here to follow this protected species.