Ecolabelled and Climate Neutral Hotel
In 2008, this Radisson Blu hotel became both Climate Neutral and certified by the Nordic Ecolabel (Svanen). The goal of the certifications is to reduce the hotel's environmental impact every year. Climate Neutral certification indicates that the hotel measures the volume of its own carbon dioxide emissions in order to offset carbon emissions in development projects around the world.
To achieve the Ecolabel, the hotel changed all parts of its operation, including sorting and recycling, using organic foods and reducing energy and water consumption. Additionally, the hotel continually raises requirements for its environmental policies. Thanks to these actions and guests' participation, energy consumption decreased by 91%.
The hotel's environmental action includes:
- 100% renewable energy guarantee
- Action plans to reduce the environmental impacts of energy, water, waste and chemical use
- Employee training in RB practices
- Environmentally approved copy paper and conference pads (100%)
- Environmentally approved dishwasher, washing and drying agents (more than 70%)
- Low-energy lighting, including special bulbs and master switches (90%)
- Replacement of hotel cars with more environmentally friendly models (50%)
- Restaurant use of more organic and fair-trade foods