HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB action plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Green Key Eco-label
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since May 2014. Green Key is a specialized eco-label for hotels and tourism facilities that promotes sustainable tourism. Green Key is presently the largest global eco-label for accommodation, with over 1,800 awarded establishments in 29 countries worldwide.
Activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Blood donation in cooperation with the Turkish Crescent Society
- Generating our own electricity with co-generation systems
- Providing the Press Reader newspaper application for our room guests to reduce paper waste
- Receiving “The Certificate of Environmentally Friendly Accommodation
- Establishment” from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Working in cooperation with Lösev to help children with leukemia