There is an ongoing hotel strike in Iceland. Our hotel is open, but our services might be impacted by the strike. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information, please contact the hotel directly.
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS - LET'S TAKE RESPONSIBILITY
HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
This hotel's achievements and environmental policy include:
- Energy consumption: We focus on lowering electrical and, to some extent, gas energy consumption.
- Water consumption: We constantly work to reduce water consumption in all departments by purchasing high-efficiency equipment and by providing education and information for all employees and guests.
- Waste: Our major focus is to reduce the quantity of waste while increasing our level of recycling.
As a constant reminder of our Responsible Business policy, managers emphasize the following:
- Employees are educated about the environment; for example, RB courses are obligatory for all employees.
- Department administrators are responsible for issues that they can influence in their departments.
- All employees receive first-aid training, as well as training in operating a portable heart defibrillator.
Hotel Environment Month activities
Blood drive to encourage staff members to become donors.
Pink Event " Á allra vörum" at 1919 Lounge to support the Women's Cancer Fund.
Responsible Business event where with the Radisson Blu Saga hotel gathered suppliers and buyers together for a fuzzball tournament and admission fees went to different charities.
The Radisson Blu 1919 has since 2016 been a partner of Orca Guardians which is an independent conservation nonprofit dedicated to the protection of orcas in Iceland.