Green Key - International Environmental Award
In 2008, Rezidor committed to achieving eco-labels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Rezidor recognized the need to work with a solid international eco-label for countries without a predominant national label and found that Green Key is a highly recommendable eco-label because it is truly international and specific to the hospitality industry.
Since 2009, Rezidor has partnered with Green Key, and thanks to this successful cooperation, Green Key has been introduced in a range of countries. The Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel was awarded with the Green Key label in December 2014.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- All employees receive first aid training, as well as training in operating a portable heart defibrillator.
- Food Hampers collection for families in need
- Pink Room; all profits went to support the Women's Cancer Fund
- Co-workers for a day — a week where we invited people with disabilities to try the hotel industry
- Raising money for the World Childhood Foundation.