Our Tru Blu Story
Iconic Radisson Blu has a long and successful history of delivering truly leading edge, stylish and sophisticated international hospitality – dating back more than 50 years to our highly acclaimed launch of the world’s original Designer Hotel…
- 1960: Curt Carlson acquired the first Radisson Hotel in Minneapolis, USA. Meanwhile, in Denmark, The Royal Copenhagen Hotel, also opened its doors as the world’s original Design Hotel, created by the iconic Arne Jacobsen for SAS hotels… later to become Rezidor.
- 1994: Radisson SAS was launched, linking the two style-leading, synchronistic brands. The dynamic new collaboration swiftly established a reputation for designing, building and running hotels that were truly innovative, responsible and reflective of modern guests’ needs
- Thriving Radisson SAS evolved into Rezidor PLC, based in Brussels. Formal ties with SAS came to a natural end and the graphic blue box that differentiated Radisson in EMEA became simply and stylishly Blu: Radisson Blu.
- 2010: Radisson Blu global was born – growing strongly throughout its EMEA heartland and expanding into Asia Pacific and the Americas. Always remaining true to itself, creating stylish, iconic and sophisticated hotels.
- Today, Radisson Blu is bigger and stronger than ever. Now, the leading upper-upscale hotel brand in Europe, with more than 380 hotels open or under development around the globe; powerful growth – and a brilliant, dynamic reputation.